Pumpkin is an extremely rich food. We cook it in all its forms, but did you know that it is a real treasure on the plate? Today we share with you our 5 favorite pumpkin recipes.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKINS
Pumpkin provides a ton of nutrients (alpha-carotenes, beta-carotenes) which boosts the production of vitamin A, an antioxidant vitamin, and helps protect the immune system and cell degradation!
Pumpkin is also rich in potassium. The latter helps to improve blood pressure and prevents the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Rich in iron, pumpkin is highly recommended for patients with kidney disease.
Finally, it stimulates the digestive system thanks to its flesh full of fiber!
For more information on the benefits of pumpkin on our organism and our skin, do not hesitate to consult this link .
1. AN EASY-TO-MAKE PUMPKIN RECIPE: PUMPKIN GNOCCHI
Ingredients: (4 people)
- 300g of pumpkin and flour
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Spices of your choice (cumin, curry, etc.)
- Steam the pumpkin for 10 to 15 minutes: it must be very tender. Let it cool (about 2 hours) before starting the preparation.
- Mash the pumpkin into a puree.
- Add the flour with the spices and mix well.
- Form the gnocchi using two teaspoons by making small balls that you will slightly flatten with a fork to give the ridged side (a fun and manual task to leave to the children!). If the gnocchi are not manageable enough, add more flour.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Plunge the gnocchi into boiling water and let them cook until they point the tip of their nose at the surface (about 10 min of cooking).
- You can serve them plain or brown them in a pan for a few minutes with a drizzle of olive oil. This will give them a crispy side and a beautiful golden color!
- It's ready, enjoy!
2. A HEALTHY PUMPKIN RECIPE: AUTUMN BUDDHA BOWL
Ingredients: (4 people)
- 200g rice (or quinoa)
- 600g pumpkin
- 160g baby spinach
- Fresh figs (4 ideally)
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the pumpkin and its seeds (dry them well afterwards) as well as the spinach.
- Dice the pumpkin and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and mix. On another baking sheet, place the seeds and repeat the same operation. Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes. For the pumpkin cubes, bake them for 20 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes, stir the seeds: they should brown on all sides.
- Halfway through cooking, flip the dice.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the packet. Once cooked, rinse it with cold water.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: 2 volumes of oil for 1 volume of vinegar with salt and pepper.
- Dice the figs.
- In a bowl, serve the cold rice (or quinoa), 1 portion of pumpkin, figs, seeds and baby spinach.
- Season with the vinaigrette!
3. A REFRESHING PUMPKIN RECIPE: PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE
Ingredients: (3 to 4 people)
- 500g cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1 tbsp agave (or coconut) syrup
- 2 soy/almond yoghurts
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a smoothie.
- Serve chilled, for breakfast or as a snack!
4. A GOURMET PUMPKIN RECIPE: PUMPKIN PANCAKES
Ingredients: for 10 to 15 pancakes
- 250g wheat flour (or chickpeas for gluten-free)
- 40cl vegetable milk
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 50g of sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp cinnamon and ginger
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients until the pancake batter forms.
- Heat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Form the pancakes in the pan over low heat and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Do not hesitate to transform this recipe into a savory version!
5. LITTLE MORE FOR DESSERT: PUMPKIN CRUMBLE
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 onion and 1 clove of garlic
- 100g of flour and coconut oil at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of curry
- 50g hazelnut powder
- Dice the pumpkin and onion and crush the garlic clove.
- Lightly brown the minced onion and the garlic in a little oil, then add the pumpkin and a drizzle of water and cook for 20 minutes, covered, stirring regularly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the crumble: sand the flour, the hazelnut powder and the curry with the coconut oil.
- Mash the pumpkin coarsely.
- Arrange it in a glass dish and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake for 35 mins.
Do not hesitate to tag us on social networks with the photos of your dishes!
Pumpkin, full of fiber is also an excellent prebiotic!
To be enjoyed without moderation with the Food Supplement Go For Protection * to boost your immunity!
*dosage: 1 capsule to be taken each morning upon waking, on an empty stomach, with a glass of water.